Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Work-week attempt fail

On Monday morning I decided to go to be early and then get up super-early to attempt AP. I got to sleep around 11pm and woke up at 4am. Stayed awake for a little while and then laid down and tried to get into a trance. I couldn't even come close to falling asleep. I just laid there and my mind wandered all over the place. I think the fact that I had to be at work in a few hours, not to mention get my son to school, distracted me and kept me from getting close to anything resembling trance. So I got up and went to bed and just went to sleep.

I'm pretty certain I won't be trying this again. I was exhausted at work and I think the success rate of this would be fairly low. However, that leaves me in somewhat of a quandary. If I only try only on the weekends, that leaves me with a pretty limited number of times that I can attempt.

So, then, I think my next move is to get skilled at getting into a trance at other times of the day. I've been considering purchasing one of the Monroe Institute's Gateway Series CD's. I have ethical dilemmas about pirating a copy (I don't judge anybody who does pirate, but for me and my bag of karma, it is just unwise) and the price of buying the full set is around $230. I could buy one phase at a time, but in the end, if I continue buying the CD's individually, I would have saved much buy buying the whole set in one fell swoop.

OK, I think through typing this all out I've come to a conclusion. I'm going to buy Phase I of the Gateway Voyage CD's, and if I have success using that, I'll just pirate the rest.

LOL.

No comments: