Monday, December 15, 2008

This just in...

Partying is not conducive to having OBEs. Lol. This past Friday I went out with friends and partied a little too hard. I felt like I had to spend the weekend recovering when I would have liked to focus a little more on other things. I did wake up early on Sunday and attempted but didn't have any success.

I didn't stay awake quite as long as usual and I didn't feel like I had really woken up when I laid back down on the futon. Instead of eating a bowl of cereal, I had a few raisins and some water. Maybe blood sugar makes the difference? I'm thinking of adding caffeine into the mix to see what effect that has on AP. Maybe this weekend...

Despite the lack of success on Sunday, I did have an especially long semi-lucid dream that morning. It was one of those really long and intricate dreams where it starts to end and you go back into it by thinking of the dream. In it, I was in some huge mansion/estate with a co-worker just running around and having fun. So I shouldn't say I was completely unsuccessful.

Also, I now have in my posession Wave I of the Gateway Voyage by the Monroe Institute. I've only listened to the introduction track a couple of times so far. Both times I got some pretty strong hypnogogic imagery and felt VERY relaxed. Tonight I'll be giving the next track, Intro to Focus 10, a spin. I'll definitely report an update tonight or tomorrow.

No comments: