Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Shuffle

With the holidays and work and school and music and all the other tidings that come along with normal life, I haven't been able to practice AP much. I've done the second exercise of the Gateway Experience a few times with no success. A couple times that I've tried I just fell asleep. The other times I just felt to wired to really get fully into the exercises... either I couldn't get comfortable or couldn't fully focus or it seemed like I was too excited to be laying down and trying to get into the AP state.

I think that I will continue with the Gateway tapes for my nighttime practice. It is a good exercise for my imagination. What I am planning to do now is do some "wake and bake" practice during the week. Instead of sleeping for 5-6 hours and getting up to try, I am going to try waking up after 3-4 hours and then attempting. This will give me a little more leeway between the time I attempt and the time I have to actually get ready for work. Plus, with the holidays here my son doesn't have to be at school at 7:20am, so I can get a *little* extra sleep.

No comments: