Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Monday focus

So last night I popped into the back room and played the next track from the Gateway Voyage Wave I. When I first laid down I was a little nervous with the house being so quiet and dark so I lit a candle to make myself a little more comfortable. Perhaps I need to work on my fear of the dark. Throughout the exercise I had difficulty getting entirely comfortable. I would be comfortable at first, but then my foot would start to bother me because it was resting against the end-rail of the futon. Then my neck could never fully relax. It's like I need something very small propped under the very back of my neck.

So anyhow, this track is very cool. At one point I had a brief "wow" moment when I felt like my mind was more clear than it had ever felt. It's difficult to describe. They do a really effective relaxation exercise that was very different from what I have been doing. Monroe leads you through a relaxation exercise that starts with your head. From jaws, to forehead, cheeks, scalp, etc. Then you guide the relaxation deep into your brain until you entire head is relaxed. From there, you work the relaxation into the rest of your body. I will definitely be using this more in the future.

Throughout the exercise, however, I never felt like I could fully relax. I was a little nervous; perhaps from it being my first time listening to the track. I think this track will require many subsequent listenings, but I can definitely see that it is headed in a good direction. Getting the body really, really, totally relaxed is key to having an OBE, especially if you are trying at night.

No comments: