Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Alarm Clock Method

For the next two weeks, I'm going to follow the alarm clock method to obtaining lucid dreams and/or astral projection(s). The "alarm clock method" means that you use an alarm clock to keep you at the border of sleep and hopefully into the full-trance state.

This morning I woke up at 4:16 (exactly one minute before my alarm clock was set to wake me up, cool), used the restroom, and went to our back room where I had the laptop setup with a timer that I downloaded from SaltCube. I used the settings recommended here which recommends the alarm go off after 30 min, 22 min, 30 min, 15min, and then 37 minutes. I got situated and put the headphones on and laid down on the futon on my back.

Well, I guess I was kind of excited or SOMETHING but I just couldn't fall back asleep. As I was beginning to drift off the first alarm went off and really startled me. I think I should have been focusing more on getting into trance or doing energy work or something. At the same time, I was wearing these huge headphones that were a pain to sleep in because I couldn't turn my head. Not stellar pre-planning, but it's my first try so I'll give myself a break.

So it ends up that I wake up to my normal alarm clock at 6:45am without remembering much of a dream or anything else. The headphones eventually came off altogether. Here is what I plan to correct on next try:

- Use earbuds so that they don't fall out so easily
- Focus more on getting into trance and doing energy work. Especially when I first lay down and am still a little restless.
- Set my intent more intensely
- Get to bed a little earlier. If I'm dog-ass tired my body isn't going to care what I'm trying to do and will be more than happy to sleep through numerous alarm clocks.
- Use a different timer method. I think it needs to be set to go off more frequently.

No comments: