Thursday, January 1, 2009

Progress!

This morning I did the wake and bake method - got up after 6 hours of sleep (7:30am), ate a bowl of cereal, read for about half an hour, and then attempted AP. While I did not successfully project, I did have some amazing hypnogogic imagery that lasted for a long time. I felt like I was hanging out in trance for quite some time. At one point I started to feel trance/exit sensations coming on, but I got excited and they faded away quickly. Nervousness/excitement is probably my biggest obstacle right now. My plan is to just work my way through it. Don't focus on it and just keep doing my routine until my body and mind become comfortable with the entire process. It's a marathon not a sprint.

I'm reading a book right now called Adventures Out of the Body by William Buhlman. He is well known for shouting commands to achieve various things. The most famous being "clarity now!" to improve vision and clearness of mind while out of body. I'm blown away by how "juicy" this book had turned out. Lot's of great journals from his experiences, and tons of great theories on the greater reality.

I've since dropped the Monroe Institute's tapes and have been using the BrainWave Generator software. The Monroe Institute is good for exercise, but for actually attempting to project I was not having much luck. I began to feel annoyed when Robert's voice kept coming onto the headphones instructing you to do various things. I think that the tapes are a great way to exercise your imagination, but as far as their assistance in creating a real projection, I'm really not sure. I would have to use them in a more dedicated fashion to give a solid, objective review.

No comments: