Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fasting

So I've decided to do a fast based on several recommendations I've read about for both spiritual and physical reasons. In Mastering Astral Projection, Robert Bruce talks about how fasting exercises your willpower abilities, and let me tell you: he was speaking the truth.

I fasted a bunch of years ago for an entire week but I was drinking juices and chicken boullion at night so it was somewhat easier. Plus, I was living on my own, I had a very laid-back job (an internship actually), and I didn't have a child or a wife or a stressful job or a house full of DELICIOUS FOOD! So it was probably a good bit easier.

Fasting on nothing but water is so tough. Although I haven't made it past day two and your hunger pains are supposed to subside after a couple days. Next time I fast, it will be over the weekend. Trying to not snap at people while you're famished is not easy.

No comments: