Saturday, October 25, 2008

I think I just had an OBE...

So I got up about an hour ago, did some reading from Energy Work (Robert Bruce), ate some cereal, then put on some warmer but light clothes and then went into the back bedroom. As I laid there I was doing energy work when I sort of fell asleep and then woke up in the middle of actually falling asleep.

The sensations were very strong and I was having some auditory hallucinations as usual. It sounded as if I was gasping for air or trying to speak but couldn't. Just typical weird-sounding noise, but it sounded like it was coming from me. For a few seconds I started to get frightened and tried to return to normal consciousness, but then I decided to go deeper into that dream state or trance state.

Next thing I know I'm feeling those floating sensations and I tell myself to relax even more. And then I'm floating in the room I was just in. I can see the cat box and the rubbermaid dresser/shelving unit at the foot of the futon I'm laying in (I didn't look to try to see myself - that would have been cool). I was thinking "wow, this feels real". My sight was good but not perfect so I said "clarity now" and it seemed to improve enough. Everything looked very clear but sort of ultra-sharp or something.

I had designed a "walk-through" of what I would do when I went OBE and I tried to perform this but my movement was very difficult. I was trying to move around like I would if I was swimming, which was probably the problem. But I remember thinking it was cool that I could "feel" my legs and arms as I floated there trying to swim through the air.

The experience lasted maybe 8 seconds and then all of a sudden I'm back in bed as if nothing had happened. No heaviness, no vibrations or altered state. Just normal full consciousness.

Things to try next time:

-Work on movement. Move by just thinking where I want to go instead of trying to swim around (lol).
-Look at my hands or body.
-See myself laying in bed. I think this will give me better validation (to start with) of if I'm OBE or lucid.
-Have a longer experience. Perhaps more intensive energy work will help with the length of the experience.

All-in-all, what an amazing experience! Maybe all the work I've done is paying off like Danielson painting Mr. Miagi's fence and waxing his cars. It was the most intensely I've felt exit sensations, or trance induction sensations, whatever they are. The actual experience itself felt more real than the lucid dreaming experiences I've had thus far. I have to think that the fact that I opted NOT to go drinking with my buddies contributed to this success. If I had gotten home at 2am last night I would not be writing this.

No comments: